My Music Video

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

Please click the image below to view our finished website

Tuesday 2 January 2018

Evaluation Question 4: How did you use new media technologies in the construction, research, planning and evaluation pages?

Throughout all stages in this process, Research and Planning, Construction and Evaluation, we used a range of different technologies, both old and new, to help us create 3 effective media products and I have learnt a lot from this.

Below is a mind map summarising all of the technologies we used in each stage. Please click the button with the screen on it at the top right to make the mind map full screen and click and drag to move around the branches.



Research and Planning

Below is the Prezi I have created to discuss the pros and cons of each technology we used during this stage and their importance in conjunction with 'old' tech research and planning.


Whilst planning it is important to note that we did still use 'old technologies', for example we created a huge paper timeline and post it note storyboard which the whole group could sit around and work on together. Newer, advanced technology is so beneficial but the value of 'old school techniques' shouldn't be overlooked; the two can be used together for the best outcomes.

Construction - Production and Post-production

I have created an Emaze, which can be seen below, breaking down each of the technologies we used during this stage and the benefits and any drawbacks associated with them. 




Evaluation

The technology I used for the evaluation has been explained below with details on their ease of use and overall effectiveness.




Conclusion

Throughout the project I learnt how to use a lot of new technology as well as developing my knowledge of ones that I had used before. I was pleased to be able to improve my editing skills on Premiere Pro and actually have become much quicker now as a result of this project. In addition to this, I have learnt how to use Wix, the sound desk and the lighting desk which I really enjoyed. Having our media technician, Sam, on hand to help was very useful as if I had any questions or worries about using the equipment he was always there to help.

Overall, I have learnt a lot through the making of the music video, digipak cover and website and the vast amount of time and effort that is required to make effective, professional products. Technology played a huge part in this, both old and new, as detailed in the web tools above as it allowed us to communicate quickly and clearly as a group, making decisions and completing our work to a standard that we can be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment