My Music Video

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

Please click the image below to view our finished website

Sunday 12 March 2017

Construction Post 29: My technical learning curve

Throughout this project I have learnt so much from pre-production all the way through to post-production.
Although I had used all of the equipment and software, with the exception of the lighting kit, before at GCSE, this time around I had a lot more freedom to try different, harder and more creative tools and techniques.

Me on camera

During production I got to shoot a series of hand held shots which I really enjoyed doing. They were challenging to get right because the movement had to still be smooth and it too a few takes for me to get used to lining the shot up so that it wasn't at a canted angle.

Below is an example of a hand held shot that took a few tries to get right and so that it wasn't really canted.



As I had already used Adobe Premiere before, I knew my way around the software and the basic editing tools that we would be using. During our main edit though I got to use more advanced tools and overall do more complicated editing. For example I added in a zoom during post-production using key frames and then re positioning the footage in the frame, to make the text clearer.

Me adding in the keyframes for the zoom

I also learnt how to use the constant gain tool. It is placed between two sections of audio and makes the transition between the two shots' audio smoother and less jarring. This was particularly useful for the transitions between the outside stalker shots and the inside kitchen shots for example.

Close up of the constant gain tool
Me adding in the constant gain tool

No comments:

Post a Comment