My Music Video

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

Please click the image below to view our finished website

Sunday 22 October 2017

R+P Post 10: Album covers that have inspired and influenced my ideas

Album covers are a vital part of an artist's promotional package because they sell not only the music but the artist's image and brand as a whole.

A debut album should:

  • Introduce the artist and their identity
  • Establish the genre
  • Stand out and draw attention
  • Work in synergy with other products
  • Include institutional information such as:
    • record label
    • copyright
    • music format
    • year of release
    • distributor
    • parental advisory if necessary

I looked at a range of different album covers to get an understanding of conventions and style before narrowing my research down and looking at album covers that were along similar lines to what I originally envisioned - dramatic lighting, CU and a dark colour scheme.

Below is a collection of some of the album covers that I looked at.


In addition to this, I also did a close analysis on Amy Winehouse's album cover for 'The Best of Amy Winehouse' 



Although this isn't a debut album cover I think that the sole focus on the artist, colour scheme and eye-catching simplicity is something we can really learn from for our own album cover.





No comments:

Post a Comment