My Music Video

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

Please click the image below to view our finished website

Sunday 29 October 2017

R+P Post 11: Artist websites that inspired and influenced my ideas

An artist's website is very important in marketing them as a brand as it acts as a platform where all their relevant information can be found and works on the theories of synergy and cross media marketing as there are links to social media and a consistent image throughout. There are also purchasing opportunities with links to buy the artist's music and merchandise.

I started by researching a range of different artist's websites and making some notes for example:

  • Ne-Yo 
    • brand image of him being a 'gentleman' seen in url - www.neyothegentleman.com
    • quite simplistic website - video takes up most of the page which can be scrolled along to another video
    • small icons at the top are inks to mail list, twitter, facebook, instagram, merchandise, video and soundcloud
  • Jennifer Hudson
    • bright colour scheme - white and purple
    • links along the top
    • scrolling pictures at the top of main page
  • Rita Ora
    • focal image of artist on home page - relaxed pose and 'natural' makeup 
    • video underneath focal image followed by tour information and social media links at the bottom
    • a 'listen' link to hear her new single

Two websites that I really liked and was most inspired by were Rihanna's and Jason Derulo's

Home page for Rihanna's website
I really liked how the pictures on the home page are black and white until you hover over them, showing the link to the article it's advertising. I also liked how on the tab along the side there is a diagonal line through the page name that you are on, making navigation even easier and this could be something that we could do.



I really liked how the background photo changes so seamlessly as you scroll down the main page. I was also particularly inspired by the social media section at the bottom of the page and its eye-catching layout which I think we could take and adapt for our own website.



Overall, I found the website research really helpful because it highlighted the conventions we need to include in our own and the range of style options we have.



No comments:

Post a Comment