My Music Video

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

Please click the image below to view our finished website

Monday 16 October 2017

R+P Post 5: The kind of music video I would like to make

I would like to make a music video that has both performance and narrative elements, referencing theories such as the notion of looking, audio-visual aesthetic and disjuncture. For the performance shots I would like bold, stylised white lighting that contrasts with the narrative shots that will be graded slightly unsaturated but with a warmer undertone than the performance shots to add contrast.

Below are some examples of lighting set ups that I would like to include in my music video.

     James Arthur - Can I Be Him


Gabrielle - Dreams  


  Ne-Yo - Miss Independent


Having quite dramatic lighting like this is an R&B convention which is the genre I would most like to make a music video for and is visually pleasing as well as being captivating to watch.


I would also like to include dance sequences in our video as I believe that they can express the emotion of the music and lyrics very well which is a very important part of the audience's experience watching a music video.

Below are some examples of inspirational dance sequences




Other conventions that I would like to include in the music video are beauty shots, discontinuous editing, intertextuality and a clear link between the music, lyrics and visuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment