My Music Video

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

Please click the image below to view our finished website

Friday 20 October 2017

R+P Post 7: Record labels of interest

Record labels are very important to an artist as they are the platform through which their music is made and distributed. Record labels also invest time and money into creating an artist's brand image, and marketing them, ensuring that there is an audience for their music and it has the appeal and reach necessary to be successful.

There are 3 major, global record labels known as 'the big 3' and they are Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment and Warner Music Group. These major record labels have many subsidiary companies and with their owners are examples of horizontally and vertically integrated companies.

Below is a a diagram showing the subsidiaries of the Warner Music Group which Meera put together.


I think that an ownership model like this would work really well for our label as we could have it as a smaller, more niche subsidiary which can be followed back to on the the big 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment